COLOR MY WORLD ARTS Academy in partnership with Arts in Bartlett
2017 Winter-Spring Visual ART SERIES
February 6th-April 30th
Classes run once each week for 12 weeks
Significant Discounts for Arts in Bartlett Family Members
Arts in Bartlett Family Members* pay only $150 for series.
Non-members: Pay $200 for series
TO RESERVE space in this 12 week class series, simply email: Kathryn@colormyworldarts.com
Reserve by email soon; as space is limited.
Color My World is a visual arts enrichment academy offering 34 weeks of art educational classes each year. Our program is designed to grow student talent and appreciation for the visual arts. We recommend that students serious about their art, enroll in our weekday after school academy on a regular basis, 34 weeks each year, for several years.
Students that have attended our academy for several years have blossomed from a beginner level artist to an advanced level of artistry. Today, many of these seasoned students, now advanced artists, serve as intern coaches with our academy, encouraging our younger artists to grow in their talent.
Scroll down to read detailed information on our academy and current class series…
- A class series involves a 12 week commitment, as each lesson emphasizes new techniques. If your student misses a class; you must arrange a make-up class as soon as possible so your student does not fall behind.
- This series is now in full swing and not accepting new students.
- New students may reserve space in our Saturday Studio program or make an appointment for private lessons.
- Our Summer series will post soon; once posted, registration will open.
INFORMATION on CLASSES
Painting on Canvas! Our most popular class!
Beginning-Intermediate (Ages 5-11):
Tuesdays: 3-4 PM
Wednesdays 3-4 PM
Beginning-Intermediate (Ages 5-11):
Tuesdays or Wednesdays 4-5 PM
Intermediate-Advanced Students (Ages 12-18):
Tuesdays: 5-6 PM
Tuesdays: 6-7 PM
Wednesdays: 5-6 PM
Advanced Independent Teen Studio (Ages 12-18)
Thursdays: 6-7 or 7-8 PM or both
Canvas painting is a process. It usually takes 3 one hour sessions to complete an 8 x 10 canvas. Students are assessed the first day of class to determine their level; their lessons begin at that level and each lesson builds upon the last emphasizing new techniques and artistic guidance. Setting up a canvas composition, using complementary colors, learning new painting techniques and having fun will be emphasized! Creativity and self-expression encouraged. This class involves a 12 week commitment. Arrangements may be made to make up a missed class. Arts in Bartlett Family Members*: $150; Nonmembers:$200
Thursdays as follows:
Beginning-Intermediate: (Ages 5-11): 3-4 PM
Beginning-Intermediate Students: (Ages 5-11): 4-5 PM
Intermediate Students: Ages 12 -18): 5-6 PM
Advanced Independent Students (Ages 12-18-Teen Studio):
6-7 PM or 7-8 PM or both
Our student artists will draw like crazy using step by step lessons and visual inspiration while learning new drawing techniques Students are assessed the first day of class to determine their level; their lessons begin at that level and each lesson builds upon the last. This class involves a 12 week commitment. Arrangements can be made to make up a missed class.
Arts in Bartlett Family Members*: $150; Nonmembers:$200
Ink & Watercolors
Intermediate-Advanced: Ages 12-18 (Teen Studio)
Tuesdays 6-7 PM
A unique class that guides students through the basic techniques of these two exciting mediums; while they create colorful themed works of art. This class involves a 12 week commitment. Arrangements can be made to make up a missed class. Arts in Bartlett Family Members*: $150; Nonmembers:$200
Clay Studio Ages 8-12 & Teens, Tuesdays only 7-8 PM
Our students will love exploring the world of clay as they make unique individual pottery pieces using natural air dry clay and colorful man made dough; using both ancient hand-building and sculpting techniques. Please note: We have no kiln in our studio. We air dry our clay and paint our pieces with acrylics. This class involves a 12 week commitment. Arrangements can be made to make up a missed class. Arts in Bartlett Family Members*: $150; Nonmembers:$200
KinderART (Ages 3,4,5)
Saturdays 11 am-12 Noon
This is a great class to introduce art concepts to young artists. Children will paint, draw, collage, color, and sculpt with clay; while creating fun projects to give away to loved ones! We ask that students be able to sit at the art table for one hour, focus, listen and follow simple direction.
CLASS FEES & PAYMENT Information
- TO RESERVE space in class series, simply email: Kathryn@colormyworldarts.com
- Reserve by email soon; as space is limited.
- Classes are affordable and there are savings for Arts in Bartlett Family Members*
- Class Fees: $150 for Family Members in Arts in Bartlett; $200 for non-members are due the first day of class. All instruction fees and art supplies included.
- We ask that you wait and pay for class and membership fees on the first day of class and fill out our short registration forms available here at the center.
- If your child is already enrolled in our academy; there is no need to fill out the paper work again; unless you have changes to your emergency medical form.
- Cash OR Checks accepted. If paying with cash, please put exact amount in an envelope with student’s name.
- Please make checks for classes payable to Kathryn Benton, Teaching Artist.
- We do not accept credit/debit cards as it helps to keep our class fees more affordable.
- This series involves a 12 week commitment as each week’s lesson builds upon the last and emphasizes new techniques and artistic guidance. Arrangements must be made to make up a missed class.
- Classes begin on the week of February 6th and run through April 30, 2017.
*MEMBERSHIP: Becoming a new Family Member in Arts in Bartlett is easy, just write an additional check payable to Arts in Bartlett for $30 to cover your one year membership and fill out a short membership form.This helps our local Arts Council to continue to build community through the arts. As a thank you for your family membership, Color My World will give your family 4 hours of Saturday studio time each year; plus significant discounts on classes and camps for the year and special invitations to free family events!
IMPORTANT STUDIO DETAILS:
- Classes are small and offer individualized attention and lots of encouragement!
- A class series requires a 12 week commitment.
- Arrangements may be made with Miss Kathryn to make-up a class.
- HOLIDAYS and STUDIO Closings: We will do our best to email and post announcements on our website when we close for Holidays or inclement weather.
- Students are expected to follow studio rules and guidelines.
- Parents must fill out an emergency medical form and waiver form before leaving their child.
- Dress to get messy! (An art smock or dad’s old shirt will do)
- Healthy snacks and water are available upon request. (No peanut products, due to allergies)
- We also offer Saturday Studio classes each week by advance reservation.
- Private art lessons are available by appointment.
COLOR MY WORLD Arts Academy is located in the Bartlett Center for the Arts at 215 South Main Street in Bartlett Town Center; just a few doors down from 2 Toots Train Whistle Grill. Parking: Available in the rear of the building.
Email: Kathryn@colormyworldarts.com Studio Phone: 224-208-5707