COLOR MY WORLD ARTS Academy in partnership with Arts in Bartlett
We are thrilled to announce our 2017 Summer ART Camps! Registration is open!
- To register, simply email: Kathryn@colormyworldarts.com to reserve a space in the a camp or camps of your choice.
- Fees & registration forms are not due until the first day of each camp.
CAMP THEMES, DATES, TIMES & FEATURES
Celebrate the 2017 Beauty & the Beast Film (Ages 5-11) Still spaces left
June 13,14,15 Tues, Wed, Thurs. 11 AM-3 PM
Oh my goodness! We are so excited about this camp! Our imagination and creativity will soar as we celebrate this amazing film through art, music, dance and more! Enjoy the musical score, learn to waltz, draw, paint, sculpt, and collage characters from the film. And, tick-tock; there is even time to create the enchanted rose and have a tea party!
GLOBAL Arts Camp (Ages 5-11) June 20,21,22. Tues, Wed, Thurs. 11 AM-3 PM
Still spaces left
Celebrate unity through CommUNITY as we explore various immigrant cultures through art, music, dance, and interesting folktales and fables. We’ll create colorful and creative take home art projects from Latin America, India, China, Japan, Africa, and Europe. We’ll sing songs in other languages and learn ethnic dances from different cultures. (Sneak peak of a few projects: Japanese fans, India mehndi design, European folk-art)
Fantasy FAIRY Land! (Ages 5-11) July 11,12,13. Tues, Wed, Thurs. 11 AM-3 PM
Still spaces left
Fairy lovers… let’s celebrate the art, music, dance, and drama of these amazing fantasy creatures. We will draw, paint, color, and sculpt fairies; and, choreograph our own dramatic fairy dances to nature music. Plus, create a very unique fairy house and earn a new set of wings during fairy flight academy!
Celebrate the animated film, Moana (Ages 5-11) Still spaces left
July 18,19,20 Tues, Wed, Thurs. 11 AM-3 PM
Join our luau as we celebrate the film, Moana through Hawaiian music, dance, and arts of the islands! We’ll create flower leis, tiki lamps and surf board art. We’ll make Hawaiian fruity kabobs and drinks, explore & create island folk art and dance the hula!
PAINTING like the Masters (Ages 8-12) July 25,26,27. Tues, Wed, Thurs. 11 AM-3 PM
This camp has filled to capacity
Student artists! Join us in painting beautiful compositions inspired by Picasso, Monet, Van Gogh, Renoir and Cassatt while learning interesting painting forms and techniques introduced by these Masters. We will use watercolors, pastels & acrylics on canvas.
POKEMON Creations (Ages 5-12) August 1,2,3 Tues, Wed, Thurs. 11 AM-3 PM
This camp has filled to capacity
Pokemon fans, join the FUN us as we learn to draw, color, paint and sculpt some of the most popular Pokemon anime characters! We’ll have a Pokemon Party and play some Pokemon trivia and Pokemon games!
TEEN Artists Explore More… Still spaces left
(Ages 12-Teens) August 8,9,10 Tues, Wed, Thurs. 11 AM-3 PM
Teen Artists get together with friends to explore and experience more art mediums… Choices will include: drawing, painting, design, collage, sculpture, pastels, printing, mosaic, textiles and more!
Arts in Bartlett Family Members*:
$150 for each camp; Nonmembers: $200
(*Averages to $12.50 an hour for family members in Arts in Bartlett)
Camp fees include instructors, all art supplies, snacks, drinks, and lunches (Lunch fees include lunch, drinks, taxes and tips at 2 Toots Train Whistle Grill, Marcos Pizza, De’licious Crepe & Roti)
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT Information
- We ask that you wait and pay for camp/membership fees on the first day of camp.
- We reserve the right to cancel a camp or class if we do not receive minimum enrollment.
- If your annual membership is current; do not pay a membership fee.
- You may fill out registration forms here at the studio the first day of camp.
- Registration forms are also available to fill out and print on our website.
- Cash OR Checks accepted. If paying with cash, please put exact amount in an envelope with student’s name. We do not accept credit/debit cards
- Please make checks for all classes payable to Kathryn Benton, Teaching Artist.
*MEMBERSHIP: Becoming a new Family Member in Arts in Bartlett is easy; just write an additional check payable to Arts in Bartlett for $30 to cover your one year membership. This helps our local Arts Council to continue to build community through the arts. As a thank you for your family membership, Color My World will give your family 4 hours of Saturday studio class time your child and significant discounts on classes and camps.
- Our ART Camps are small and offer lots of artful encouragement!
- Usually a 5 student minimum and 10 student maximum per camp.
- Staff: There is one art teacher plus 1-2 interns leading each camp.
- Students are expected to follow camp rules and guidelines.
- Parents must fill out an emergency medical form and waiver form before leaving their child at art camp
- Dress to get messy! (An art smock or dad’s old shirt will do)
COLOR MY WORLD ARTS Academy is located in the Bartlett Center for the Arts, 215 South Main Street in Bartlett, Illinois, just a few doors down from 2 Toots Train Whistle Grill.
Parking: Available in front and rear of the center.
Studio Phone: 224-208-5707; Email: Kathryn@colormyworldarts.com