COLOR MY WORLD ARTS Academy in partnership with Arts in Bartlett presents: ART in the AFTERNOONS, June 6th-August 12th, 2017
Color My World is a visual arts enrichment academy offering 34 weeks of art educational classes each year. Our program is designed to grow student talent and appreciation for the visual arts. Students that have attended our academy for several years on a regular basis have blossomed from a beginner level artist to an advanced level of artistry. Today, many of these seasoned students, now advanced artists, serve as intern coaches with our academy, encouraging our younger artists to grow in their talent...
TO RESERVE space for this class series, email: Kathryn@colormyworldarts.com
- This Summer class series involves one hour each week for 10 weeks.
- Arrangements may be made to make-up a missed class.
- Series Fees: Arts in Bartlett Family Members*: $125; Nonmembers: $175
- Fees & forms due the first day of class.CLASS INFORMATION
Global Arts from the Americas and Caribbean, Ages 5-10
Tuesdays 3-4 PM Dates: June 6,13,20,27, July 4,11,18,25, August 1,8
Students will experience different foreign cultures through stories, music and dance, plus colorful and culturally unique take home art projects. (Examples: Mexican folk art, Guatemalan yarn paintings, Caribbean mask making, Native American Art and lots more)
Global Arts from Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia
Ages 5-10, Tuesdays 4-5 PM Dates: June 6,13,20,27, July 4,11,18,25, August 1,8 Students will experience different foreign cultures through stories, music and dance, plus culturally unique and creative take home art projects! (Examples: Japanese woodblock printing, India Mehndi design, Polish & Russian folk art paintings and lots more)
KinderART, Ages 3,4,5
Wednesdays 1-2 PM Dates: June 7,14,21,28 July 5,12,19,26 August 2,9
Saturdays 11 AM-12 Noon Dates: June 10,17, 24 July 1,8,15,22,29 August 5,12
Great class to introduce art concepts to young artists. Children will paint, draw, collage, color, and sculpt with clay; while creating fun projects to give away! Students must be able to sit at the art table for one hour, focus & follow basic directions.
Paper Collage & Printing, Ages 5-8
Wednesdays 2-3 PM. Dates: June 7,14,21,28 July 5,12,19,26 August 2,9
Students will enjoy printing with various printing tools and methods using paint and ink; and, experience creating paper collage and mosaic creations; some projects inspired by famous artists and authors.
Watercolors, Ink, Pastels & Color Pencils, Ages 8-12 & Teens Wednesdays 3-4 PM. Dates: June 7,14,21,28 July 5,12,19,26 August 2,9
A unique class that guides students through the different techniques and basics of watercolors, oil pastels & colored pencils by creating original pieces Students will end the session with a better understanding of shading, blending, landscapes, and still life.
Clay Studio for Kids, Ages 8-12 Wednesdays 4-5 PM
Dates: June 7,14,21,28 July 5,12,19,26 August 2,9. Students will love exploring the world of clay as they make unique individual pottery pieces and sculptures using air dry clay. Both ancient hand-building and modern sculpting techniques will be emphasized. Please note: As have no kiln in our studio, we use air dry clay and paint our pieces with acrylics.
Painting Nature on Canvas! FULL to capacity
Ages 5-12 and Teens
Beginning-Intermediate Students: Wednesdays 3-4 PM
Intermediate-Advanced Students: Wednesdays 4-5 PM
Advanced Independent Teens: Wednesdays 4-5 PM
Dates: June 7,14,21,28 July 5,12,19,26 August 2,9
Students prepare 4 canvas compositions, while emphasizing complementary colors and a variety painting techniques. Canvas painting is a process; it usually takes 2-3 one hour sessions to complete an 8 x 10 canvas depending on detail. Student’s are assessed the first day of class to determine their level; lessons begin at that level and each lesson builds upon the last; emphasizing new techniques and artistic guidance.
DRAWING Ages 5-12 & Teens: All drawing classes are full
Beginning-Intermediate Students: Thursdays 3-4 PM
Intermediate-Advanced Students: Thursdays 4-5
Advanced Independent Teens: Thursdays 4-5 PM
Dates: June 8,15,22,29 July 6,13,20,27, August 3,10
Student artists draw like crazy using step by step lessons, still life, and visual examples; while learning drawing techniques with guidance and inspiration. New students are assessed the first day of class to determine their level; lessons begin at that level and each lesson builds upon the last.
Advanced Independent Clay Studio for Teens, Ages 13 and up.
Thursdays 4-5:15 PM. Dates: June 8,15,22,29 July 6,13,20,27, August 3,10
Teens will love exploring the world of clay as they make unique individual pottery or sculptures using natural air dry clay using both ancient hand-building and modern sculpting techniques. Please note: We have no kiln in our studio. We use air dry clay and paint our pieces with acrylics.
Summer CLASS FEES & PAYMENT Information:
- TO RESERVE space in class series, simply email: Kathryn@colormyworldarts.com
- Reserve by email soon; as space is limited.
- Classes are affordable and there are savings for Arts in Bartlett Family Members*
- Class Fees: $125 for Family Members in Arts in Bartlett; $175 for non-members are due the first day of class. All instruction fees and art supplies included.
- We ask that you wait and pay for class and membership fees on the first day of class and fill out our short registration forms available here at the center.
- We reserve the right to cancel a camp or class if we do not receive minimum enrollment.
- If your child is already enrolled in our academy; there is no need to fill out the paper work again; unless you have changes to your emergency medical form.
- Cash OR Checks accepted. If paying with cash, please put exact amount in an envelope with student’s name.
- Please make checks for classes payable to Kathryn Benton, Teaching Artist.
- We do not accept credit/debit cards as it helps to keep our class fees more affordable.
- This series involves a 10 week commitment as each week’s lesson builds upon the last and emphasizes new techniques and artistic guidance. Arrangements must be made to make up a missed class.
- Classes begin the week of June 6th and run through August 12, 2017.
*MEMBERSHIP: Becoming a new Family Member or renewing your annual membership in Arts in Bartlett is easy, just write an additional check payable to Arts in Bartlett for $30 to cover your one year membership and fill out a short membership form. This helps our local Arts Council to continue to build community through the arts. As a thank you for your family membership, Color My World will give your family 4 hours of Saturday studio time each year; plus significant discounts on classes and camps for the year and special invitations to free family events!
IMPORTANT STUDIO DETAILS:
- Classes are small and offer individualized attention and lots of encouragement!
- A class series usually requires a 10-12 week commitment.
- Arrangements may be made with Miss Kathryn to make-up a class.
- HOLIDAYS and STUDIO Closings: We do our best to email and post announcements on our website when we close for Holidays or inclement weather.
- Students are expected to follow studio rules and guidelines.
- Parents must fill out an emergency medical form and waiver form before leaving their child.
- Dress to get messy! (An art smock or dad’s old shirt will do)
- Healthy snacks and water are available upon request. (No peanut products, due to allergies)
- We also offer Saturday Studio classes each week by advance reservation.
- Private art lessons are available by appointment.
COLOR MY WORLD Arts Academy is located in the Bartlett Center for the Arts at 215 South Main Street in Bartlett Town Center; just a few doors down from 2 Toots Train Whistle Grill. Parking: Available in the rear of the building.
Email: Kathryn@colormyworldarts.com Studio Phone: 224-208-5707