COLOR MY WORLD ARTS Academy at Arts in Bartlett, 215 S Main, Bartlett, IL
Autumn ART CLASSES! 12 week series, September 24th-December 16th, 2017
- TO RESERVE space in a class series, simply email: Kathryn@colormyworldarts.com
- This 12 week class series fee is $150 for Family members in Arts in Bartlett, 12 x $12.50=$150
- Nonmembers pay $200 for 12 classes
- Private art lessons are available at $40 an hour
- Winter-Spring series runs February-April and will post after the Holidays.
FALL CLASS DESCRIPTIONS:
KinderART (Ages 3, 4, 5) Saturdays 10-11 AM
This is a great class to introduce art concepts to young artists. Children will paint, draw, collage, color, and sculpt with clay; while creating fun projects to give away to loved ones! We ask that students be able to sit at the art table for one hour, focus, listen and follow simple directions.
Beginning Drawing & Painting (Ages 4 and 5)
Saturdays 11 AM-12 Noon or Wednesdays 2-3 pm. This class is a great way for young children ready to learn to draw and paint with focus. Children will learn to draw and paint basic people, animals and scenes. Drawing pencils, colored pencils, oil pastels, and water color paints will be used often in this class series. We ask that students be able to sit at the art table for one hour, focus, listen and follow simple directions.
Autumn Canvas Painting Our most popular painting series!
Beginning-Intermediate (Ages 6-8)
Tuesdays or Wednesdays 3-4 pm
Intermediate-Advanced (Ages 8-Teens)
Tuesdays or Wednesdays 4-5 or 5-6 pm
Advanced Independent TEEN Studio
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays: 6-7 or 7-8 PM
Canvas painting is a process. It usually takes 3 one hour sessions to complete an 8 x 10 canvas. Student’s are assessed the first day of class to determine their level; their lessons begin at that level and each lesson builds upon the last. Setting up a canvas composition, using complementary colors, learning new painting techniques and having fun will be emphasized! Creativity and self-expression encouraged.
Abstract and Design Drawing Tuesdays, 6-7 PM
Intermediate-Advanced: Ages 10-Teens
A whimsical drawing class for students who love to draw unique and unusual designs and abstract themes. Students will explore drawing with pencil, design ink pens, and on occasion add vibrant color to their projects.
Watercolors, Ink, Pastel and Color Pencil, Tuesdays, 7-8 PM
Intermediate-Advanced: Ages 10-Teens
A popular drawing class for students wanting to explore these exciting color mediums; while they learn new unique techniques and create colorful works of art ready for framing.
Paper Collage and Mosaic ART, Ages 7-12 and Teens
Wednesdays 6-7 PM. Students will create colorful paper collage with designs inspired by famous artists and authors. Mosaic ART will also be introduced as students explore and experiment creating interesting and unique art with stone, glass, tile, beads, beans and seeds.
Autumn DRAWING Series
Our most popular drawing series
3-4 PM Beginners only (Ages 5-7)
4-5 PM Intermediate-Advanced w/cartooning (Ages 8-Teens)
5-6 PM Intermediate-Advanced (Ages 8-Teens)
6-7 or 7-8 PM Advanced Independent TEENS
Student artists will draw like crazy using step by step lessons and visual inspiration, and creative prompts while learning new drawing techniques New students are assessed the first day of class to determine their level; lessons begin at that level and each lesson builds upon the last. Advanced Independent teen students will choose what to draw based on their individual goals and inspiration.
Clay Studio for Kids, Beginner-Intermediate, Ages 7-12
Thursdays 6-7, Students will love exploring the world of clay as they make unique pottery pieces and fun animal sculptures using air dry clay and colorful sculpting clay. Ancient hand-building and modern sculpting techniques will be emphasized. Please note: As we have no space for a kiln; we air dry our clay and paint pieces with acrylics. Kneading earthen clay and forming it is hard work for little hands-so it’s best to wait until your child is at least 7 years of age.
Advanced Independent Clay Studio for Teens, Ages 12 and up.
Thursdays 7-8 pm
Teens will love exploring the world of clay as they make unique individual pottery or sculptures using natural air dry clay using both ancient hand-building and modern sculpting techniques. Please note: We have no kiln in our studio. We use air dry earthen clay and paint our pieces with acrylics.
CLASS FEES & PAYMENT Information, Autumn 2017
- TO RESERVE space in class series, simply email: Kathryn@colormyworldarts.com
- We ask that you wait and pay for class and membership fees on the first day and fill out our short registration forms available here at the center.
- We reserve the right to cancel a camp or class if we do not receive minimum enrollment.
- If your child is already enrolled in our academy; there is no need to fill out the paper work again; unless you have changes to your emergency information.
- Our Autumn series is affordable and there is a huge savings for Arts in Bartlett Family Members*
- Class Fees due the first day of class: $150 for Family Members* in Arts in Bartlett; $200 for non-members. All instruction fees and art supplies included. The Family member fee of $150 brings the classes to $12.50 per hour.
- Cash or check only. No credit or debit cards accepted. We do not accept credit/debit cards as it helps to keep our class fees more affordable.
- If paying with cash, please put exact amount in an envelope with student’s name.
- Please make checks for classes payable to Kathryn Benton.
- This series involves a 12 week commitment as each week’s lesson builds upon the last and emphasizes new techniques and artistic guidance. Please email Kathryn@colormyworldarts to schedule a make up class.
- Classes begin the week of September 24 and run through December 16, 2017.
*MEMBERSHIP: Becoming a new Family Member or renewing your annual membership in Arts in Bartlett is easy, Stop by the Arts Center at 215 South Main and fill out a short membership form and pay only $30 by cash or check. This helps our local Arts Council continue to build community through the arts. As a thank you for your annual family membership, Color My World will give your children/teens significant discounts on classes and email invitations to free family events!
IMPORTANT STUDIO DETAILS:
- Classes are small and offer individualized attention and lots of encouragement!
- The Autumn series requires a 12 week commitment!
- Email Miss Kathryn if you child must miss a class and schedule a make up time.
- HOLIDAYS and STUDIO Closings: We do our best to email and post announcements on our website when we close for Holidays or inclement weather.
- Students are expected to follow good manner studio rules and guidelines.
- Parents must fill out an emergency medical/waiver form.
- Dress to get messy! (An art smock or dad’s old shirt will do)
- We also offer Saturday afternoon classes and private lessons by appointment.
COLOR MY WORLD Arts Academy is located in the Bartlett Center for the Arts at 215 South Main Street in Bartlett Town Center; just a few doors down from 2 Toots Train Whistle Grill. Parking: Available in the rear of the building.
Email: Kathryn@colormyworldarts.com Studio Phone: 224-208-5707
Color My World Arts Academy is a visual arts enrichment program offering 34 weeks of art classes each year. Our program is designed to grow student talent. Students that have attended our academy for several years on a consistent basis have blossomed from a beginning artist to an advanced level of artistry. Today, many of our seasoned students, now advanced artists, assist our teachers as intern coaches encouraging our younger artists to grow in their talent...