It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child; every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. -Pablo Picasso
A Message from Miss Kathryn, December 18, 2015
As we wrap up our Fall session of classes this Saturday, we wish to thank all our families and students for your support and encouragement during our move to our new location.
And, thank you to all those that helped us celebrate the young artists ages 3-7, by visiting the December exhibit and reception at the Bartlett Village Hall.
We also wish you a very blessed Holiday season and a New Year full of hope and joy!
As we move forward into 2015, here are some important studio reminders
- Fall Classes end on Dec 20th and there are no studio classes or open studio sessions at Color My World in January. (However, Miss Kathryn has prepared craft kits that will be available in the Arts in Bartlett Gallery for children that visit while the studio is closed; and, there is also a gallery scavenger hunt available for visitors. The gallery is open to the public on Thursdays and Saturdays 10-4 and Fridays noon-7. The gallery will not be open on Christmas Day or New Year’s Day.)
- Tuesday, January 20th from 6-8 PM: Student Exhibit and Reception You are invited to our Student Artist Reception at the Bartlett Village Hall 2nd Floor Gallery. Join us the evening of January 20th as we celebrate the artwork of our student artists, ages 8 and up. This exhibit is presented by Arts in Bartlett and will be showcased through the month of January.
(A Formal invitation is coming out after Christmas)
- Winter-Spring Session of Classes: February 14th through May 9th.
You may register now for this session by emailing Kathryn@colormyworldarts. See the Winter-Spring link for class descriptions. If you have punches left on a current punch card, they carry over to the new session; otherwise class fees are due the first day of your child’s class.
- Summer Arts Program begins June 1st and runs through August 8th.
We will post our summer camps and classes on the website in March.
What Color My World Children’s Art Studio offers…
- Beginning, intermediate and advanced studio classes in visual arts.
- A 12 week series of studio classes each Fall for ages 3*-18.
- A 12 week Winter-Spring studio series for ages 3*-18.
- A 10 week Summer Arts Program. (Studio classes and Art Camps)
- Studio classes & private lessons.
- Artful Playdates & Arty Party Birthday Parties.
- Art reach programs to schools, scouts and libraries.
- Community Art Events and Parent Night Outs.
- Annual Art Exhibits & Receptions celebrating student talent.
- Internships for teens and university art students.
- Art Portfolio assistance to high school students seeking acceptance at a fine arts college/university.
- Assistance in seeking scholarship and grants for high school students seeking acceptance a fine arts college/university.
(*We accept 3 year old students in mixed media and open studio classes if they are able to sit for at least 45 minutes.)
OUR NEW STUDIO IS OPEN!
Did you know we moved to a new location? Our NEW STUDIO is located in the Bartlett Center for the Arts at 215 South Main Street in Bartlett Town Center; just a few doors down from 2 Toots Train Whistle Grill.
COLOR MY WORLD CHILDREN’S ART STUDIO
Phone: 224-208-5707; Email: Kathryn@colormyworldarts.com
Offering exceptional and affordable art classes and programs for kids, ages 3-18.
Instruction given by professional teaching artists.
Color My World works in partnership with Arts in Bartlett (Your local Arts Council)
Located in the Bartlett Center for the Arts
215 South Main Street Bartlett, IL 60103
Parking available in the rear of the building.